Writer, the OpenOffice.org Free Word Processor
Downloading Writer is easy. If you’re a visual learner check out the Download Writer video for a step-by-step tutorial on downloading OpenOffice.org. If you don’t want the entire suite, the video also explains how to download Writer exclusively. For written instructions keep reading.
Step-by-Step: Download Writer
- Go to OpenOffice.org and note the giant list of links on the left side of the home page.
- Click on the “I want to download OpenOffice.org” link on the left.
- A green download link will show up. Click on it.
- You’ll be redirected to a new page. If you’re using Internet Explorer, you might get a notification at the top of the page saying that the files are being blocked. If you see this notification, right-click on it, and then left-click on “Download File.”
- A dialog box will pop-up. Choose to either Save the installation folder, or Run the installation file. I would simply choose Run to get things strated.
- After that the just follow the steps in the dialog box until the installation is complete.